Festival at Carnegie Hall
From Richard Strauss to Duke Ellington and the Beatles, Carnegie Hall has hosted some of the most monumental musicians in history. In keeping with this tradition, WorldStrides Heritage Performance offers select choirs, bands, and orchestras the once-in-a-lifetime experience of performing on the Ronald O. Perelman Stage in the Isaac Stern Auditorium. Festival at Carnegie Hall and Festival of Gold combine to create the Elite Performance Series, two prestigious festivals designed to offer talented ensembles the chance to celebrate musical artistry in some of the premier performance venues across the nation.
As a part of the Elite Performance Series, Festival at Carnegie Hall is specifically designed to demonstrate and celebrate the musical talent of the participating ensembles through exceptional festivals for choral and instrumental festival performances. Selected ensembles must meet the highest standards to participate in Festival at Carnegie Hall. Choral groups that have received a Gold rating at a Heritage music festival are accepted into Festival at Carnegie Hall. All other groups must undergo a special audition process.Festival at Carnegie Hall offers outstanding benefits for you and your music program:
- Give your students the chance to perform in one of the world’s most prestigious venues.
- Distinguish your school by offering students the opportunity to earn academic credit through educational travel.
- Gain the support of your community as it rallies around your high-achieving musicians.
- Advance your teaching career through free professional development.
- Learn from top adjudicators and conductors as they share new techniques on coaching performers.
- Help your students impress college admissions officers with a resume that includes performing at Carnegie Hall.